GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE: PRINCIPLES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING OF NATURAL PERSONS – GLYCANOSTICS, S.R.O. AND INFORMATION FOR THE DATA SUBJECTS
Glycanostics is pleased that you have visited its website.
We would like to reassure you that Glycanostics with its registered office at Kudlákova 1848/7, Bratislava – Dúbravka 841 01, Identification Number: 51 249 651, registered in the Business Register of the District Court Bratislava I, Section: Sro, Insert No. 124481/B (hereinafter referred to as “Glycanostics” or “we”), pays the utmost attention to the security of your personal data. In addition to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”), we are governed by the applicable laws of the Slovak Republic.
This policy will explain what personal data we process, whether we process data on the basis of consent or for another legal purpose, for what purposes we use it, whether we act as an operator or intermediary, to whom we may provide personal data, and what your rights are in connection with the processing of your personal data.
Data Controller’s contact details:
Glycanostics with its registered office at Kudlákova 1848/7, Bratislava – Dúbravka 841 01, Identification Number: 51 249 651, registered in the Business Register of the District Court Bratislava I, Section: Sro, Insert No. 124481/B.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data we process?
We process the following personal data:
- Contact details, which means personal data that allow us to contact you, in particular your e-mail address or any other contact details that you provide to us when you contact us by email.
Why do we process personal data and what entitles us to do so?
As part of our activities, we process personal data for various purposes and to various extent, either:
- without your consent, due to a legal obligation, or
- with your consent.
Purposes of processing
- If you give us your consent to use your personal data to communicate with you
If you give us consent to communicate with you by email, we process your identification and contact information. You can withdraw the consent at any time by sending a statement to the company’s address or to the email address designated for this purpose at: email@example.com.
If you do not withdraw the consent, we use personal data for this purpose for a period of 3 years from giving the consent.
Who processes your personal data and who do we provide it to?
All the mentioned personal data are processed by us as the operator. This means that we determine the purposes defined above for which we collect your personal data, determine the means of processing and are responsible for their proper execution.
We may also transfer your personal data to other entities that are in the role of the operator, namely:
- In the course of fulfilling our legal obligations, we may transfer certain personal data to administrative authorities and state authorities, if we are called upon to do so.
For the processing of personal data, we also use the services of other processors who process personal data only according to our instructions and for the purposes described in the section Why do we process personal data and what entitles us to do so? In particular:
- website administrators.
You will find the list of specific personal data processors that we use in the list of processors, which will be sent to your e-mail upon request.
What sources do we obtain personal data from?
In most cases, we process the personal data you provide to us.
Data transfer outside the EU
Your data will not be transferred to countries outside the EU.
What are your rights when processing personal data?
Just as we have our rights and obligations when processing your personal data, you also have certain rights when processing your personal data. These rights include:
- Right of access
You have the right to know what data we process about you, for what purpose, for how long, where we collect your personal data, to whom we transfer it, who processes it besides us and what other rights you have related to the processing of your personal data. This document provides this information. However, if you are not sure which personal data we are processing about you, you can ask us to confirm whether or not the personal data concerning you are being processed by us, and if so, you have the right to access these data. As part of the right of access, you can ask us for a copy of the personal data processed, with the first copy free of charge and additional copies for a fee.
- Right of rectification
If you find that the personal data we process about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it corrected or rectified without undue delay.
- Right of deletion
In some cases, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. We will delete your personal data without undue delay if any of the following reasons is met:
- We no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which we processed it;
- You withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data, for which your consent is necessary and at the same time we have no other reason why we need to continue to process this data;
- You exercise your right to object to the processing of personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests and we find that we no longer have any such legitimate interests that would justify such processing, or
- You believe that the processing of personal data carried out by us has ceased to comply with generally binding regulations.
- The right to restrict processing
In some cases, in addition to the right of deletion, you may exercise the right to restrict the processing of personal data. This right allows you in certain cases to request that your personal data be marked and that this data not be subject to any further processing operations – in this case, however, not forever (as in the case of the right of deletion) but for a limited period of time. We must restrict the processing of personal data when:
- You deny the accuracy of personal data before we agree on what data is correct;
- We process your personal data without a sufficient legal basis (e.g. beyond what we have to process) and you will only prefer to limit such data before deleting it (e.g. if you expect to provide us with such data in the future);
- We no longer need your personal data for the stated purposes of processing but you request it to determine, enforce or defend your legal claims, or
- You object to processing. For the period of investigation, if your objection is justified, we are obliged to limit the processing of your personal data.
- Right to portability
You have the right to obtain from us all your personal data which you have provided to us and which we process on the basis of your consent and on the basis of the performance of the contract. We will provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. In order for us to be able to easily transfer the data at your request easily, the data processed should be carried by automated means.
- The right to object to the processing
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data which takes place on the basis of our legitimate interest. In the case of marketing activities, we will stop processing your personal data without further ado; in other cases, we will do so unless we have compelling reasons to proceed with such processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint
Exercising your rights in the above manner does not affect your right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. You may exercise this right, in particular, if you believe that we are processing your personal data without authorization or in violation of generally binding legal regulations. You can lodge a complaint against the processing of personal data performed by us at the Office for Personal Data Protection, which is located at Hraničná 12, 820 07, Bratislava 27.
How can individual rights be exercised?
In all matters related to the processing of your personal data, whether it is a question, enforcement of your right, lodging a complaint, withdrawal of consent to the processing of personal data or anything else, you can use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will process your request without undue delay, at the latest within a month. In exceptional cases, especially due to the complexity of your request, we are entitled to extend this period by one month. We will notify you about such extension and its justification.
As the controller, we reserve the right to change the wording of this information in the event of a change in the processing of personal data as well as in the event of a legislative change.
Date of last revision: 22nd of May 2023